

In the midst of all our new adventures. Caitlin had a an accident on Saturday. She was trying to follow the bad example of her sister and some friends and thought it would be fun to jump off of the three foot dresser on to a mattress that was placed on the ground for our guests. Needless to say, the landing was not as smooth as hoped. 
We initially thought that it was a simple sprained ankle or pulled muscle in her foot. By the next morning we realized that the injury might be worse than we first realized. She did not sleep well at all that evening and we noticed that there was now broosing and swelling in her foot and she was still limping, so we decided to take her to the doctor. They found that she broke her first metatarsal, the bone just above her big toe. It is actually just a little chip and the doctors wondered how she was able to chip her bone in that location. She is such a tough little girl that we didn't realize the injury had been that bad. Since this was the emergency weekend care they just splinted her foot and sent us home to see the specialist later in the week.
Since I had one injured child and two with a cold we opted to spend the labor day holiday at home. After the long weekend we brought Caitlin into the specialist. He decided that she needs to wear a cast for 4 weeks. She was excited to choose her own cast color and was pretty adamant on pink.

She will be limping around for the next month and will be able to have the cast removed at the beginning of next month. Luckily the break was not too close to the growth plate and should not affect the growth of her foot in the future :) This has not stoped her from climbing on stuff she shouldn't though, she still continues to be our little monkey.
Well I believe that is all for our newest adventures, we will keep you posted on any new updates. This next month will be pretty busy as I will be going out to NJ for a trip to our main office and we will be preparing to move to a new house. ......but I will try to let everyone know how things are going.
5 comments:
Catlin is so funny....she will never stop climbing....I guess it is payback for all the climbing we did!
haha! loved the update on how everything is going! poor catlin! It seriously doesn't slow her down though! Thanks for the monkey sounds! love you guys and miss you!
Ahh!! I miss you guys so much!! Give your kids a hug and a kiss from Uncle Steve and Aunt El!
corinn-its your cousin jess. send me your email address and I will send you an invite to our blog. I am glad you jumped on the bandwagon. So much easier to keep in touch.
Goodness...lets have Uncle Jeff and Caitlen get together and see who can survive the longest!! Nice monkey sounds Corinn. And I tell everyone that my daughter-in-law has a really pretty voice? Hmmmmmmmmm
PS Is it possible for Caitlen to be any cuter??
Post a Comment